Join New Hope Shelter in some good summer fun! This tournament is a fundraising event hosted by New Hope Shelter and all proceeds go towards the general operating funds of New Hope Shelter. We hope that you enjoy your day of fun and games!
Teams can consist of any mixture of age and gender. Our intent is to have fun! Young and old, male and female are all invited to join in.
Teams can consist of up to 15 players. Team registration fee is $300 per team and payable to New Hope Shelter by July 3rd, 2017.
There are two divisions to choose from: Competitive & Fun. The Competitive Bracket will be for those looking for an intense sporting event and the Fun Bracket will be for those who would like to play with their family, youth groups, or groups looking to have some fun!
All players must sign the Player Waiver & Release of Liability. For those under 18 years of age, a guardian or parent must sign the waiver.
All team registrations and player waiver & release of liability are due to New Hope Shelter (900 W. Broadway, Building 7, Newton, KS, 67114) by July 3rd, 2017.
Each team is guaranteed 3 games.
Rain out date: July 22, 2017.
- Length of play is 5 innings or 1 hour, whichever comes first.
- 10 players on the field (4 outfield, 4 infield, pitcher, catcher)
- All 15 players are eligible to kick the ball.
- Players can be substituted freely at the end of each half inning.
- Pitchers must pitch from the pitching mound and cannot go in front of plate until the ball is kicked. If the kicker requests a slower pitch, then the pitcher is obligated to do so.
- All kicks must be made by foot. A kicker can be called out if they get 3 strikes or 4 foul balls.
- A play ends when the pitcher has control of the ball and is near the mound/pitching circle. Any runner who interferes with the ball on its way back to the pitcher will be called out.
- Bunting is legal.
- The ball can be thrown at any player and must hit shoulder or below. The runner will be called safe if it hits their head unless they are sliding/ducking the ball. If a player is hit in the head they get the base they are running to. No leading off or stealing is allowed. A runner off his/her base when the ball is kicked is out.
- Absolutely NO WHINING ALLOWED. Umpires rulings are final!!!
- You may line up your team anyway you’d like.
- Players must stay out of the baseline; otherwise the runner advancing to the base will be called safe.
- Any player who deliberately crashes into a defensive player holding the ball, waiting to apply a tag, will have to sit out from the game.
- On an overthrow the runner may advance at their own risk. They are allowed to run more than one base if they want.
- When the game is being played and is completed players should always use good sportsmanship.
- Each team is guaranteed a minimum of 3 games.
Planning your day:
Restrooms and concessions are available onsite.
Concessions: water, donuts.
Lawn games available for guest.
Awards presentation at the ice cream social fundraiser at 7 pm.
Awards given to:
1st and 2nd place teams
CONTACT JAMES FOR MORE INFORMATION: JAMES@NEWHOPE-SHELTER.ORG
GO TO: WWW.NEWHOPE-SHELTER.ORG/KICKIN-SCREAMIN for all team and player forms.